Wicked Weddings FAQ

Do I need a license?

In order for your marriage to be recognized by the State of California as a legal union, you must have a license issued by Los Angeles County. Visit https://marriage.lavote.net/mls/ for information on how to obtain a license. YOU MUST BRING YOUR LA COUNTY ISSUED LICENSE TO THE CEREMONY TO BE SIGNED BY OUR MINISTERS.

Who can get married?

State laws regulating age limits for marriage are generally similar, although California is one of just a few states lacking a minimum age for marriage. However, minors (under the age of 18) must obtain both parental consent and a court order before they may legally tie the knot. Please check with LA County Registrar link above for more information. We will sign certificates for all marriages which are considered legal in the State of California.

What happens at a Wicked Wedding?

When you arrive you will be greeted by one of our Sinister Ministers who will review your license and prepare you to walk down the aisle. Please bring two friends or family to serve as your witnesses. YOUR TWO GUESTS MUST BE WILLING TO sign the marriage license along with the ordained minister who performs the marriage. The ceremony portion of the wedding is 10-15 minutes. After being pronounced, you will have your certificate signing ceremony that will include your toast and cake. Weddings are 30 minutes long. You are invited to stay at Haddonefield Place to enjoy the exhibitions.

How many people can attend?

The Wicked Wedding Package is for a total of four people. The couple and two witnesses. A fee of $20 per person is applied to any additional guests. Maximum number of people who may attend (including the couple) is eight.

What about music?

Recorded pre-ceremony music is provided via our sound system. You many use one of our selections of music (links provided upon booking) or; you may provide one song of your own. File must be provided 24 hours in advance.

Can we say our own vows?

Couples may write their own vows, however they must be no more than three minutes each as ceremonies shall not be longer than 10-15 minutes. Vows must be submitted in advance for review to see if they will fit within the parameter of time.


A professional photographer will take several shots during your ceremony. Your package includes one image of your choosing. (Requests for more images available from the photographer) If you would like to bring your own photographer, there is an additional fee of $30. Our photographer is available to book for additional photos (up to 45 minutes for $150). All requests for additional time with photographer must be booked in advance.


A bridal bouquet and boutonniere can be ordered from our official floral designer. Standard package coming soon!

What happens if we are late?

If you know that you will not be on time for your reservation, please text us as soon as possible. We do not guarantee that we can hold your time if you are more than 15 minutes late. We will, however, fit you in at a time which is convenient to our other couples.

Are pets allowed?

No pets are allowed.

Can we have a commitment ceremony or vow renewal?

Yes, if you do not wish to marry under government control or if you are already married, we will perform your ceremony with language appropriate for your union.

What if it rains?

In case of rain, the ceremony will take place in the garden patio under cover.

Do I get a refund if I cancel?

Unfortunately, there are no refunds given for cancellations. We are reserving you a limited time slot for that day.

Is there a discount to book early?

We are currently offering a discount code for our Wicked Weddings. The Code is "SHOTGUN", which is valid until 9/16/2017 and is good for a $75.00 discount on a Wicked Wedding or a $25.00 discount on Vow Renewal or Commitment Ceremonies.